Thursday, March 6, 2008

Drifting Eddy?

In short, what I live by. I am a rock in a river. The water flows around me as I roll downstream. It pushes me, and I push back.
















Dictionary.com says:

ed·dy [ed-ee] Pronunciation Key - Show IPA Pronunciation noun, plural -dies, verb, -died, -dy·ing.
–noun
1.a current at variance with the main current in a stream of liquid or gas, esp. one having a rotary or whirling motion.
2.a small whirlpool.
3.any similar current, as of air, dust, or fog.
4.a current or trend, as of opinion or events, running counter to the main current.
–verb (used with object), verb (used without object)
5.to move or whirl in eddies.

[Origin: 1425–75; late ME; OE ed- turning + éa water; akin to ON itha]
Dictionary.com Unabridged (v 1.1)
Based on the Random House Unabridged Dictionary, © Random House, Inc. 2006.



No comments: