Tuesday, April 14, 2009

The New Quarter Has Begun!

It's been a while since i posted, so this might include a lot of stuff. Let's see, where did i leave off. Oh yea, i was working on my dragons flight cycle. it's looking okay, nothing to brag about, but i sorta got the mechanics of how he is going to fly down, which was the whole point of it in the first place. i corrected a few mistakes with saias walk cycle, so now she is ready to go. also, i got my environment models from my free-lancers (i put a dash because they did it as a favor), so the last thing that's holding me up is the clouds and the lighting. i, with the expert advice of one of my teachers, have decided that i will simply put spheres together and call them clouds for the purpose of my project. if, after i graduate, i feel they are inadequate, then i will replace them with more proper clouds, but for now since i don't have time to do that, these will have to suffice. i will get those done by friday at the latest, so that i can finish putting together my scenes and be ready for full animation by the end of next week. my plan for next week is to do any last touch ups that i don't want to have to take care of during animation, including my rough lighting. so what i have to show right now is the first scene (the scene on the ground leading up to the flight), working out camera angles, compositions, and more importantly speed. take a look, tell me what you think, and let me know if i need to make any changes because i need to take care of it before next week.


scene 1 from Drifting Eddy on Vimeo.

ps. the end of the video cuts off about 1 second too early. the dragon flies out of frame

coming next week: scene 2 and scene 3, camera blocking etc...

No comments: